The 365 Journey

Inspiration is what has motivated me to take on such a creative commitment such as this in 2011! I followed one of the most amazing 365 photo bloggers last year and I was blown away at the growth, not only in her technique but her creativity as well. Through her blog, I was allowed to follow her through some of the most wonderful, stressful and emotional times that the year brought. What a fabulous way to document a "year in the life" of any individual! I am so excited to take this journey, to see what life may bring, and to enjoy the wild ride the next 365 days will bring. I hope you will enjoy it too!

~Marcie

Sunday, January 9, 2011

9 / 365 Forgotten Fun

This playset caught my eye tonight as its bright colors contrasted against the pure white snow. It sits directly across the street from our house in our neighbors back yard. As I looked out our front window of the office, to see the sun setting on the mountains, I noticed how the sky had turned a shade of pink and that sun had lit up the playset. It only lasted for a minute and then it was gone... It made me think of the warm sun of summer and how before we know it, all the kids in the neighborhood will be laughing and climbing about it once again!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful!

Melissa said...

The picture is amazing and your story behind it compliments it so well! I think everyone is starting to dream of summer. :)

Chelsea said...

This nice contrast is so beautiful! Great shot! I sure do miss the mountains

Amanda said...

Gorgeous shot! My kids would soooo want to play on that, even in the snow, but the Mama is just way too cold. :)

Sharon said...

Great picture. You are so darned talented!

Shannon Joy said...

What a great perspective! Love the warmth mixed with the cold.

Megan said...

What a gorgeous view you have! I miss having a snow covered mountain to appreciate daily (we're from Portland OR). Lovely image :)

Wendy said...

what a great picture/story!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Great minds think alike, I almost posted a very similiar photo. I really like the bright colors against the white snow.

Branson said...

This is absolutely fantastic! What a perfect photo!

elizabeth said...

stunning photo - it caught my eye right away -
awesome job
love the bright colors against the white snow

Courtney said...

The snow, the colors, the sky! I love it!! Just beautiful :O)