The 365 Journey

Inspiration is what has motivated me to take on such a creative commitment such as this in 2011! I followed one of the most amazing 365 photo bloggers last year and I was blown away at the growth, not only in her technique but her creativity as well. Through her blog, I was allowed to follow her through some of the most wonderful, stressful and emotional times that the year brought. What a fabulous way to document a "year in the life" of any individual! I am so excited to take this journey, to see what life may bring, and to enjoy the wild ride the next 365 days will bring. I hope you will enjoy it too!

~Marcie

Sunday, January 16, 2011

16 / 365 Finding Beauty in the Blah...

We have had nothing but gray skies and inversion now here for what seems like months, it is one of the hardest parts of the winters here in Cache Valley. The rest of the year it is absolutely amazing! 
It makes it really hard to feel creative and motivated to photograph ANYTHING! It almost makes it almost impossible to photograph inside as well because there is little or no natural light to work with... so today my goal was to try to still find something beautiful in all the fog and gloom outside. 
I pulled out the zoom lens once again and just decided to scan the landscape outside the window to see what I might find. I instantly loved this tree dotted with rain drops, through the lens they almost looked like tiny little lights scattered about, they popped against the black roof that laid just beyond it. I also loved the green shade of the bark and the red tone of the branches...  oh how I long for spring!!!

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

Way to go on being creative despite the landscape and lighting...I'm totally with you on that one. Can't wait for spring and more sunshine! Here's to these days!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled onto your blog today. I like what I see and plan to continue to follow your photo adventure.

From a fellow photo-a-day-er.

http://continuousshutter.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

I love it! Looks like Christmas tree lights are on it..

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

I think that turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...

I fould your blog yesterday while looking at the 365 project. I love this photo! I agree (and love) that they look like little lights.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Adelaide @ Norwegian Phoenix

Carrie said...

I'm totally over the winter gloom too! This is a pretty shot though.

Branson said...

I really like this! Great find. I am ready for spring myself ;)

Photography said...

Gorgeous shot! I love the colours and the dew. Stop by if you can adding you to my blog roll :-) http://flowerphotography1.blogspot.com/

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

oh gosh, do I know how you feel. I have been trying to embrace the winter in all it's wintery, snowy beauty, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so.

elizabeth said...

I am having a bit of spring here down south today -wish i could send it your way -
but wanted to tell you I love your photo -
hang in there

Misty said...

Just found your blog through the 365ers. Love your pictures! I will be following. Feel free to check out my blog. http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/